Video and Slides
Outline: Airtel IQ: Transforming customer engagement by embedding real-time communications
Airtel IQ is the first Telco grade unified cloud communication suite, that drives customer engagement – anytime anywhere.
- Customer experience – the brand differentiator
- Why Airtel – Challenges with existing Cloud communication platforms, market opportunity and Airtel advantage
- Make Marketing Smarter, Personalise Customer Experience, Make Operations Intelligent
- The platform – Robust, Intuitive, Secure (features under each capability area)
- Product Principles : Customer-first mindset
- Customer testimonials
You can ask Ankit and Ishan questions either in the comments section of this weblog, or contact them directly, their details are at the end of the presentation.
I’m grateful Ankit and Ishan are able to share their experiences with Airtel IQ. It’s a great example of telcos being successful in taking control of their service and the successful use of open source. And also provides insight into the unique value telcos can provide beyond wholesale services or reselling other service providers who also go direct to the enterprise.
Ankit highlights the challenges in using cloud communication services from other than the telco:
- Deployment complexity due to physical telecom infrastructure integration
- High cost due to the need for third-party MSP (Managed Service Provider)
- Poor service quality due to cloud-telecom integration inconsistency
- Cumbersome troubleshooting during downtime due to multiple stakeholders
- Lack of a unified data protection framework that complies with stringent regulations
The 3 core propositions of Airtel IQ are: Robust, Intuitive, and Secure.
Ishan goes into detail on how they achieve a robust service describing how its architected and the advantages of being built in the network. Next he described the intuitive aspects in providing APIs, self-service and service components. Making it easy for businesses to create workflows and services for their specific needs. And finally Ishan walks through the main components of the platform’s security.
Ishan then described how airtel was able to create Airtel IQ. He reviews the product principles and iterative customer-led approach. This is the hardest aspect, successfully innovating within a telco.
Ankit reviews some of the customer benefits:
- Improved marketing with click to call, omni-channel, and analytics;
- Improved customer experience with personalized IVR, automations, and analytics;
- Improved operations with security, notifications, alerts, and of course analytics.
Ankit wraps with excellent case studies of Rapido, Swiggy and Justdial.
Thank you Ankit and Ishan is showing how a telco can take control of their future in communication services with Airtel IQ, well done!