TADSummit Americas, 15-16 Oct, runs in parallel with the IIT RTC Conference in Chicago. This is the first time we’ve run TADSummit in North America, the TADSummit Americas agenda reflects the uniqueness of the American markets.
Our focus is programmable communications / telecoms, which we also call CXTech. What is CXTech? The C stands for Connectivity, Communications, Collaboration, Conversation, Customer; X for Experience because that’s what matters; and Tech because the focus is enablers.
Examples of what falls into CXTech includes: Programable Telecoms / Communications, CPaaS, UCaaS, CCaaS, open source telecom software, CPaaS enablers, Multi-Factor Authentication / Instant Authentication, Telecom APIs, WebRTC, Cloud Communications, CPaaS enabled services, omni-channel, telecom infrastructure as code, telecom service dashboards, the myriad of UIs making APIs and enablers and services useable beyond coders.
We’re a small, independent, no-BS event (see our policy statement), which for the past 7 years has led the thinking in the industry; and hence been copied by the rest of the industry’s events in the following year. We’re proudly independent: you’ll not hear silliness about the API economy (check these thought-leading articles on “The Great API Con” and the coming “API Economy correction” to understand why); nor trite phrases like “digital transformation” or “video is the new voice”. Rather clear, thoughtful, common sense insight based on decades of experience to help you grow your business.
TADSummit is the communications innovation event for entrepreneurs. If you want to understand the latest thinking, ideas, opportunities and insights in programmable telecoms / communications before everyone else. TADSummit is the only event to attend for 7 years running.
TADSummit Americas Highlights
We’re over 3 months away but we’ve got a packed and exciting agenda including:
- Keynotes from not 1 but 2 CTOs of the FCC. On Day 1 from Eric Burger. Always insightful and thought-provoking. For Day 2 from Henning Schulzrinne Professor at Columbia University, ex-CTO of the FCC.
- Identity and authentication remain challenging across all industries. Ryan Disraeli (CEO and co-founder of Telesign) will show the critical role programmable telecoms plays. They’re a great partner for many companies involved in TADSummit, adding instant authentication to their offers. Telesign will also be sponsoring TADHack Global and partnering with TADSummit EMEA. Identity and authentication will play a significant role in TADS this year.
- You heard this acronym first at TADSummit Asia, eCPaaS (enterprise CPaaS). Dinesh Saparamadu, CEO hSenid Mobile will explain this important development in CPaaS. CPaaS platforms are maturing, the use of templates/wizards under a self-service model with IT governance brings a highly successful CPaaS operational model directly into the enterprise.
- In the afternoon we have a session focused on “Platform Evolution in Customer Service Communication” led by Shai Berger, Founder and CEO Fonolo. We have can-not-miss presentations on “The Race to Control the Customer Service Messaging Channel” by Shai and “Simply adding SMS to your CRM won’t solve your customer interaction problems” by Thomas Howe, CTO Ten Digit.
- We’ll have a session dedicated to the TADHack Global (12-13 Oct) winners. Understanding how people outside the industry use programmable communications to solve problems. Thank you to Telesign, VoIP Innovations, and Simwood for sponsoring TADHack Global this year. hSenid Mobile will be a location sponsor of TADHack Chicago, we’ll see some interesting hacks around the new development of eCPaaS (enterprise CPaaS).
- We’ll have a session dedicated to identity and authentication, one of the fastest growing CPaaS segments. Covering: Account TakeOver fraud (ATO), International Revenue Sharing Fraud (IRSF), registration fraud, and the critical role programmable telecoms plays.
- Day One wraps up with a drinks reception at around 5PM. There will also be a welcome drinks reception on the Monday evening for those staying over from TADHack Chicago as well as TADSummit early arrivals.
- We kick off Day 2 with a session I’m greatly looking forward to on “Case Studies in CPaaS.” We’re bringing an excellent line-up of CXO level speakers with decade+ experience each in the practical implementation of CPaaS including: Sammy James, CEO Speak2Leads; Chris Brown, Chairman and CEO Zip911; and Harold Vance, Global Director Customer Success at VoIP Innovations.
- We have a high-powered panel on privacy with Henning Schulzrinne Professor at Columbia University, ex-CTO of the FCC, and several global leaders in this space to be announced.
- After lunch we have a session “State of the Art in Programmable Telecoms Session”. Leaders in our industry sharing insights including: Víctor Sánchez, Cofounder and CEO SyncRTC and Mashme Group on their experiences in video collaboration; Todd Carothers, Executive Vice President (EVP) of Sales, Marketing & Product at CounterPath on end-point evolution; and Howard Avner, Director of API Product at Voyant on the many surprising but true applications of CPaaS.
- We’ll also share the results from two important independent studies on the CXTech Market: “By The Numbers: CPaaS, UCaaS, CCaaS Landscapes and Market Sizing” and “Open Source Telecom Project Survey Results and Analysis”.
- We wrap-up with a closing keynote, from Dean Bubley on “BYOSpectrum – Why private cellular is a game-changer”. New local or shared spectrum bands (such as CBRS in the US), programmable cloud-based cores, eSIM and various other enablers are making it much easier for enterprises, IT companies, cities and Internet/cloud players to build their own private 4G – and soon 5G – networks. We’re seeing the democratization of “programmable cellular networks”.
- There may even be a drinks reception on the Wednesday as well. That will be be confirmed, and regardless I think those remaining in Chicago will head off to The BOG.
Register for TADSummit and the IIT RTC Conference here, and use the code TSDISC so get $100 off registration.