On Wednesday the 8th of June at 1000 ET ran a TADSummit Revisited with Evin Hunt, Chief Strategy Officer at Artisan Infrastructure (who you may remember from Shango). TADSummit Revisited provides a deep-dive Q&A on the presentation given at TADSummit last year “Delivering Reliable Telephony via Desktop as a Service, Artisan Infrastructure.” You can view the Q&A session at the end of this weblog, or just click here. If you have any questions for Artisan infrastructure. Here are the previous TADSummit Revisited sessions.
Brian and Marc from Artisan Infrastructure presented at on “Delivering Reliable Telephony via Desktop as a Service.” The market for DaaS is growing at 28% annually and will reach $5.6B by 2016. There are mature offerings available from multiple reputable vendors, however there is one big gap. Telephony. Lync/Skype for Business and other competitive offerings that work well on regular desktops are barely useful on DaaS. Why? Their session explored this major gap and discussed Artisan’s solution. Artisan is a great example of how telephony and IT have converged, Artisan is a cloud infrastructure, management and business continuity provider and is also solving critical problems as enterprise telephony moves to the cloud.
Questions Received so far:
- As a wholesale IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider, how do you survive against the giants like Amazon, Microsoft, HP and Google?
- Verizon appears to be pulling back on its cloud business, why do you think it would do that after buying Terremark for $1.4B?
- Would you explain what you consider to be DaaS (Desktop as a Service) / WSaaS (Work Space as a Service) and why enterprises are adopting this as they move workloads to the cloud?
- Would you please provide some examples of how Unified Communications does not work with DaaS (Desktop as a Service).
- Are you building a UCaaS and DaaS solution, or building a DaaS solution into common Cloud-based UC Solutions?
- What do you see as the main benefits of your offer for enterprises?
- Are there particular enterprise segments more likely to to adopt this proposition?
One thought on “TADSummit Revisited, Artisan Infrastructure, Delivering Reliable Telephony via DaaS”
Comments are closed.