Video and Slides
Outline: TeleSign’s Findings on the Future of Digital Identity
Guillaume Bourcy, Data Growth and Strategy at TeleSign
- COVID-19, A sign of What’s to Come: Accelerated Digital Transformation brings vulnerabilities, even with basic mitigation practice.
- How Fraud is Endemic: Shifting from offline to online increases the need to establish trusted digital identities in real-time.
- Today weaknesses, myth and reality of current solutions: Evolving government regulations have a serious impact on global industries.
- Mitigating friction, while adhering to regulation and enhanced security processes, can be challenging.
- Rising need for Ubiquity: A single, reliable partner to enable engagement and provide security insights.
You can ask Guillaume questions in the comments section of this weblog, or contact him directly, his info is in the presentation.
This is an excellent review of digital identity, and also includes some fun scenes taking advantage of this online format.
Simply, digital identity is a merger of online and offline identities to give a 360 degree view of the customer. There’s a fun scene, where Guillaume is clearly drawing on all those war-time movies where an official demands to see your papers. And his son, never being exposed to that, produces quite a few different types of paper.
The pandemic has increased the importance of this unification given the 20% rise in ecommerce (people buying their shopping online), 400% rise in fraud attacks with 40% of them coming from and humans not just bots.
Merging online and offline identities is tough given the fragmentation, regulations, and the concern of fraud prevention impacting customer conversion. The myth that security and user experience are at odds.
This leads nicely into why TeleSign has been successful in digital identity because the phone number bridges both the offline and online identities. And can, as we’ve seen in previous TeleSign presentations at TADSummit, simultaneously improve customer experience and security.
Thank you Guillaume for an excellent review of digital identity, the important role TeleSign plays in merging offline and online identities. Plus some highly entertaining scenes, taking advantage of this online format 🙂