Video and Slides
AWA Keynote. The AWA Story. Liberating a growing market.
Marten Schoenherr, CEO and Founder, AWA Network
- Vendor lock in with CPaaS
- Black-box conditions
- Missing features
- Universal API
- Real-time routing on a list of integrated providers
- Enrich universal API with user preferences not available from the usual suspect CPaaS
We’ve been following immr, Automat Berlin and now AWA Networks for a number of years.
- (2020) Improving the Experience of Realizing CXTech Use Cases by Marten Schoenherr, CEO/Founder at Automat Berlin GmbH
- (2019) Improving the Experience of Realizing CXTech Use Cases. Marten Schoenherr, CEO/Founder at Automat Berlin GmbH.
- (2018) Programmable Telecoms is Hard. Sebastian Schumann, DT (previously immmr).
- (2017) Going both ways – Telecom’s potential of an IP comms platforms next to the classic Telco Stack by Sebastian Schumann Vice President Engineering at immmr.
- (2016) immmr – a hybrid operator model explained. Concept of a hybrid operator – or how to experience the best of both world. Sebastian Schumann Vice President Engineering at immmr.
AWA Network is a CPaaS proxy, a Twilio-like API for SMS across a number providers. Currently they are working on adding preferences, enabling users to selecting routing based on price, speed, reliability. AWA connects across not only CPaaS provider APIs, but also SMPP to carriers. And plan to add voice, DIDs and more in time.
Marten was frank, they are experimenting based on a need they see in the market, the business model is not yet baked. Their operating model is they act on behalf of the underlying providers. It’s great Marten is exploring this avenue to better meet developers’ needs, we need more innovation like this!
At TADHack Global 2021 they had an excellent hack from a team demonstrating the cost benefits of taking this universal API approach, The AWA Effect.